Tuesday, January 20, 2009

hypnnobirthng class day 2 and finally getting a doula

so through my forgetfulness induced by my pregnancy i finally remembered to call my doula that ellie had recommended. she is also a massage therapist. she is just a trainee so she is a little... 'noobie' (which is seriously the only word i can think of to explain the situation), but she is really nice so i was excited to see her before my hypnobirthing class today.

so we did this crazy exercise called 'glove relaxation'. it was crazy because i didn't know what to expect, yet it worked like it should. it was a exercise were you were 'deepened'. then ellie said some prompts to make your hand 'feel' numb and transfer the numbness to your cheek. my hand indeed felt numb! she does these exercises just to teach us that with the power of the mind that you CAN have a great birthing experience. i was awestruck and i'm even MORE satisfied with the approach i am taking with this birth.

No comments: