Wednesday, January 28, 2009

33w and return of the high blood pressure...

so today i had my 33w appointment. my blood pressure was 140/90 (at rest it was 124/90). doctor lim again told me to stop eating out, but the problem is...

i haven't been eating out. granted, i've been craving to eat out... in the end i never do. for instance i wanted p'dones last night before class. i never got there (i was actually almost late for class, LOL). i wanted mc donalds on my way home but i was in the other lane. i've wanted to go to vince's but i don't want to go by myself. i guess what i do eat regularly is that tamale every saturday and an occasional costco hot dog.

now he told me to cut the salt out at home.

i realized that i have to be very careful about one symptom in general. my vision. one of the symptom is lights, fuzzy vision, etc. which is just how my right vision is already thanks to the retinal detachment.

i'm going back next friday. to make sure my blood pressure is back down.

ugghhh...

2 comments:

jill said...

i hope the counts are normal soon! but, i don't understand the vision thing. that's a symptom of high blood pressure? or just something you have to deal with as part of the pregnancy?

mollie said...

oh because i've had retinal detachment i always have lights flashing in my right field of vision. i had surgery on my right eye to stop the damage from spreading but it never actually fixed the vision i already lost. so i have to watch it carefully because if the symptom of extreme high blood pressure manifests on the right side i have to distinguish which light is from the retinal detachment and which ones are new.